So, in case you were waiting for it, the next installment of the mini-drama that is Jo Kwon (from 2AM) and GaIn (from sexy ladies Brown Eyed Girls) is out in the latest release of We Got Married on Youtube. Unfortunately, I think the subbers are still working on getting them subbed (since subbing is not an easy task and neither is translating, and we should all be damn grateful that people are actually doing this for free…I translate stuff for work, and hate doing it, so I know what I’m talking about), so it’s only the raw videos, but if you’re craving for some laughs and if you understand any teensy bit of Korean…go ahead. Watch it. You can always rewatch the videos when the English subs are out.
Credits go to: RIcEBoIAnTh (Many thanks for the upload, I’m sure many fans appreciate the effort!)
Although my Korean is fail, I laughed my ass off watching the two of them. GaIn reminds me, a little, of Seo In Young (from Jewelery; she was one of the first couples on WGM and was paired with Crown J) in the way she acts towards Jo Kwon. At the end of the first episode, the two of them had just discovered their “new house” (the kind of house on wheels I never quite want to get, unless it’s a swanky upgraded and larger version of a caravan with satellite and internet connection) so this episode showcases what else went on that night; and of course, as with any new house, the first thing that goes on is the unpacking of their ‘furniture’.
I thought it was hilarious that, even though Jo Kwon was working on getting onto GaIn’s good side by killing all the insects for her, and unpacking leg massagers in excitment, he immediately earned a black mark when GaIn unpacked a broom and dustpan. “What’s this?” …and I couldn’t believe Jo Kwon actually said, “Well, first of all…you’re the wife…and since you’re the wife…cleaning is a must.” He even brought his mother into the conversation! (I think what he said was, “I can’t imagine what my mother would think if she saw that the house is this dirty.” but it’s a guesstimate since my Korean is fail i.e. I have never bothered to go learn it, so I could very well be far off from the truth). The best part? THE SILENCE THAT FOLLOWS and then Jo Kwon backing down and going, “Anyway…”
I DIED. GaIn is gorgeously fierce, and I love how she keeps dodging the cleaning issue and trying to make Jo Kwon do the housework instead – this is a massive power struggle in the house that I’m thoroughly enjoying! It’s seriously funny the way Jo Kwon nags on like a grandfather, and how GaIn just blatantly ignores him (SEO IN YOUNG reincarnated, I swear), although Jo Kwon gets her back by pretending there’s an insect behind her (when there isn’t). I killed myself with mirth when he burst out into song after that, and returned to the conversation of their nicknames, basically telling her he wanted to call her Baby, but he dislikes being called that himself since he wants to be thought of as a man (HAHA).
Here are more of my favourite moments:
1. When Jo Kwon ruins the new floor by dragging the glass coffee table across the floor – and how the both of them decide almost simultaneously to use the carpet to cover the scratch!
2. When GaIn discovers the “file” on Jo Kwon i.e. his whole life story (they started playing X-Files music, so how could one not love it?) and starts reciting all the women he’s had in his life (and then that whole segment where they keep yelling out stuff about each other that they’re reading from each other’s files!).
3. When they decide to burn the “X-File”s. (And also when GaIn said in her personal interview, “I will believe in Jo Kwon.” AWWWW…so sweet!)
4. When it becomes obvious that GaIn cannot cook – I shuddered at all the stuff she was dumping into the pan, and then when Jo Kwon was all like, “How can that be edible?”, she’s just like, “JUST EAT!” OHHHH I died at the expression on his face. (Even though he did say it was actually delicious…I’m just like…boy, you guys couldn’t even cook ramen properly. In fact I think it’s safe to say Hyun Joong from SS501 did a better job when he did it for Hwang Bo during their ‘honeymoon’!)
5. When Jo Kwon basically got GaIn to promise to make kimchi for him after long minutes of various strategically voiced complaints (that was hilarious).
6. When Jo Kwon exchanged the front seat of the two-seater bicycle with GaIn (GaIn takes the lead!) and they take off smoothly, even though when Jo Kwon was in front they kept stopping and falling off (in the back you can hear one of the commentators going, “…Just as I thought, females are stronger!” or something to that effect).
7. THE BEST WAS THE BIRTHDAY SONG! Although the matching PJs that Jo Kwon for them was cute – but oh, the birthday song where Jo Kwon started off normal, and went into diva ballad singer at the end just has to take the cake – literally!
8. When Jo Kwon played Falling Slowly for GaIn, and they harmonized so beautifully at the end! THEY SOUND SO GOOD TOGETHER I JUST WANT TO HUG BOTH OF THEM SO HARD.
Okay, end of highlights, and now I am just waiting for the English subs to come out so I can actually understand their banter (which I gather is actually very funny from body language, and also because I found myself laughing for no reason).